Last Updated: 3/1/2018
WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT FROM PEOPLE THAT VISIT THE SITE?
In order to provide you with information that you request from me, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, or other details.
WHEN DO I COLLECT INFORMATION?
If you subscribe to my newsletter, fill out a contact form, comment on blog posts, or respond to a survey, I will collect information from you.
WHAT SPECIFIC INFORMATION MIGHT I COLLECT?
This policy attempts to be all inclusive, and list all the different ways I may collect your information, even if I am not currently doing so.
I get information about you in the following range of ways:
Information You Give Me. I may collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give me on my Site. If you purchase my product(s) or service(s), I will collect billing and credit card information so that I may complete the purchase transaction. I may gather additional personal or non-personal information from you in the future.
Information I Get From Others. I may get information about you from other sources. I may add this to information I get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. I automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting my Site, I log your computer operating system type, IP address, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to my Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. This information is used for the operation of the business, to maintain the quality of my website, and to provide me general information and statistics regarding how the Sleeping Child Sane Parent website is used.
Cookies. I may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. I may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on my Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with me to meet your special interests and needs.
HOW DO I USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
I use your personal information (submitted when you register, make a purchase, sign up for my email newsletter, respond to one of my surveys or a marketing communication from me, browse my website, etc.) in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain, and improve my sites, products, and services to better serve you as the end user.
- To process, administer, and deliver contest entries and rewards, promotions, or other site features.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide exceptional customer service to you and all my visitors.
- To send information including email confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by me and my selected partners (which I may or may not be affiliates for).
- To link or combine user information with other personal information.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To provide and deliver products and services that you and other customers request.
- To personalize your experience with my website, and allow me to provide you with the information and product/service offerings that are most interesting and valuable to you.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
I may share personal information as follows:
- I may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let me share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- I may share personal information when I do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of my business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- I may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- I may share information to comply with federal or state laws.
- I may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- I may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of my employees and agents, my customers, or any person.
- I may share information with those who need it to do work for me.
I may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
HOW DO I PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
I implement a variety of security procedures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information. I offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into my payment gateway provider's database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep and maintain the information confidential. After a transaction, your personal private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on my servers.
In addition, I conduct periodic and regular scans of my Site to detect security holes and known vulnerabilities. This includes the use of regular Malware Scanning.
WHAT ABOUT ‘COOKIES’? DO I USE THEM?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). This enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Help me to remember and process the items in your shopping cart.
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
- Help me provide better consulting services to you or other clients now and in the future.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. I may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT COOKIES?
You can turn cookies off if you choose, or you can set your web browser to warn you each time a cookie is being sent. You do this through your browser settings. Since each web browser is a little different, you will need to review your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify or turn off your cookies.
Be aware that if you turn cookies off, some features of my Site may be disabled. This in turn may affect your experience in that your site experience will not be as efficient and the site may not function properly.
However, you will still be able to place orders should you choose.
DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
Ashley Holmes or Sleeping Child Sane Parent does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
I may use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Sleeping Child Sane Parent and our affiliates. If you opt into my email list by subscribing, I may also send you surveys to conduct research regarding your opinions of current services or potential new services and products that I may offer.
I may share my data with trusted partners and vendors to help perform statistical analysis, send email, postal mail, or text messages, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Ashley Holmes and Sleeping Child Sane Parent, and they are required to keep all of your personal and sensitive information confidential.
I will not disclose any of your personal information unless required to do so by law. In that event, you will not receive any notice of such a disclosure, and I will only make such a disclosure if I believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: 1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Ashley Holmes or Sleeping Child Sane Parent or the site; 2) protect and defend the rights and property of Ashley Holmes and Sleeping Child Sane Parent; and, 3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Sleeping Child Sane Parent or the public at large.
I may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of my external business partners regarding a particular offering that may be of interest to you. When I do so, your unique personally identifiable information (such as email, name, address or phone number) is never transferred to the third party.
THIRD PARTY (AFFILIATE) LINKS
Occasionally, and at my sole discretion, I may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
In addition, if you choose to purchase any products I recommend through the site, then Ashley Holmes and Sleeping Child Sane Parent may received monetary compensation as a result. If an affiliate link is provided for any particular product or service, an additional, conspicuous notice will be provided on the web page or blog post containing the affiliate link.
Google’s Advertising Principles govern the requirements they place on any site that contains Google advertising. Google intends to provide a positive experience for users.
I may use Google AdSense Advertising on my website.
I have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
I, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to my website.
OPTING OUT OF GOOGLE ADS
As the end consumer, you may set your own preferences for how Google advertises to you. This can be done by visiting the Google Ad Settings page (https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en). Alternatively, you can also opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on or other browser plugin that will turn off ads.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
For more information regarding CalOPPA, visit: http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
According to CalOPPA, Ashley Holmes and Sleeping Child Sane Parent agrees to the following:
- Users can visit my site anonymously.
If you become a log-in member of this site, you can change your personal information by logging in to your account and changing it.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
I honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
I DO allow third-party behavioral tracking.
CHILREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE (COPPA)
Ashley Holmes and Sleeping Child Sane Parent does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. This website and it’s content are directed to individuals who are at least 13 years of age or older.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
My marketing emails tell you how to "opt-out." If you opt out, I may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and my business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to my Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
Date of last revision: 3/1/2018